October 19-November 3, 2013
What is Homearama? Homearama is a 16-day single-site display of fully furnished and fully landscaped custom showcase homes that demonstrate the latest in home construction, design, furnishings and technological innovations.
It’s the 31st anniversary year for Tidewater Builders Association’s Homearama in South Hampton Roads and the second time it has been hosted in Edinburgh. The show will feature 8 homes for sale ranging from 3,200 square foot up to over 6,000 square feet. Prices range from the $650 K’s to $850 K.
When is it? The show is open noon until 8 p.m. every day, except Sundays, from noon until 6 p.m. Ticket sales will stop one hour before closing.
Where is it? The event will be in Edinburgh in Chesapeake where the natural elements of water, land and life come together. With inviting views and beautiful surrounds, Edinburgh is a community of luxurious single-family homes. Located in the highly sought after Hickory area, this retreat and the good life are a lot closer than you think. Residents of Edinburgh are conveniently located to downtown Norfolk, the Outer Banks, and easy access to the Chesapeake Expressway. With a variety of home styles from the areas finest custom home builders, consumers are sure to find the perfect place to call home.
How much does it cost? General admission is $10 for a one-day pass and $17 for a two-day pass. Active duty and retired military guests and seniors (62 or better) get a $3 discount Monday-Thursday. Children 12 and under are free. Special offer Monday thru Thurs $5.00 after 5P.M.
Who is building homes in this event? Builders participating in the show include: Chip Iuliano of ABT Custom Homes, Suffolk; Scott Strickland of Strickland Homes, Norfolk; Sam Cohen of Joey Corp., Chesapeake; Charlie Anderson of Charlie Anderson Builders, Chesapeake; Tara Preston of Preston Homes, Chesapeake; Jack Schoch of JF Schoch Building Corp, Virginia Beach; and, David McLaughlin of McLaughlin Construction Company, Chesapeake.
Feature Homes: (to date)
Chesapeake House – a home celebrating 50 years of Chesapeake – built by Joey Corp
Others to be determined
• Preview Party, Friday, Oct. 18, By Invitation Only
• Special Member Opening, Oct 19, 10:00am – 12:00pm, a chance for TBA members & Sponsors to get a first glimpse of Homearama 2013
• Military Appreciation Day, on Monday, Oct. 21, military guests get buy one, get one free admission with a valid military identification card.
• Chesapeake Employee Appreciation Day, Tuesday, Oct. 22, for city and school employees.
• REALTORS® Day, set for Wednesday, Oct. 23, invites area real estate agents to be admitted free all day long with a business card and ID. Breakfast is from 9:30-11 a.m.
• A Taste of Chesapeake, from 6-8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 28, sponsored by Hampton Roads Magazine, invites guests to sample cuisine from Chesapeake restaurants and vote for their favorite.
• An Idea Marketplace with more than 100 exhibits showcasing products and services for the home.
• The Homearama Furniture Sale takes place throughout the event with price lists available in each home. Visitors can start picking up their purchases starting at 6:30 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 3rd. Tentative Monday November 4th Furniture Sale.
• A full-color glossy Plan Book, a coffee table magazine featuring information on all of the homes.
• A variety of entertainment is scheduled throughout the event.
Downloadable Builder Information
- Lot Drawing Procedures
- Participation Least Agreement
- Responsibilities List
- Toolbox Guide (insides)
- Architectural Guidelines
- Site Map-Available Lots