- Two-story foyer with two-tier ceiling and extensive crown molding
- Dining room with fluted columns, raise-panel wainscoting and extensive chair and crown molding
- Floor to ceiling granite surround fireplace and vaulted ceiling in family room
- Granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and hardwood floors throughout house
- First-floor master suite features pan ceiling with rope lighting, sitting room, his and her closets, undermount granite tub surround and granite shower
- Outdoor living area with KitchenAid grill station, fireplace and stone patio
- Two-car garage with trimmed-out with epoxy coated floors
- Brick, stone and HardiPlank exterior
- Spray foam insulation, two-zone HVAC system
Architectural style: Traditional
House size: 3,200 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2 half baths
Original architectural design by: Brian Fentress of Fentress Home Design, (757) 228-3852
Interior design by: Bonnie and Dashana Jefferies of Off Da Hook Interior Decorating & Staging LLC, (757) 615-2402
Furnishings by: Heritage Amish Furniture, (757) 468-0264; Levines, (757) 463-8087; Kettler, (757) 498-8001
Landscaping by: Tom Underhill of Coastal Landscapes Inc., (757) 721-4109
Sales by: The John Savino Group of Prudential Towne Realty, (757) 217-1688
Financing by: Steve Sager of Monarch Mortgage, (757) 390-2211
This is the third Homearama for Mike Thompson, who has worked in new construction for more than 20 years. He received his start doing custom home framing in 1985.
Five years later, Mike branched out on his own and started TCI Inc., eventually stepping into the custom-homebuilding market. Since then, Mike has taken home several Homearama awards for his 2007 and 2008 entries.
Mike typically builds four to five houses per year starting around $550,000. He still does custom home framing work and continues to do remodeling. In 2009, Mike opened a showroom, which carries kitchen and bathroom cabinetry.
3121 Holland Road
Virginia Beach, Va. 23453